Playing PlayStation 2 games have made our childhood wonderful and fun. However, you can now emulate the PS2 on the PC. How? We have created simple steps that you can follow to have a small part of your childhood back. The saying ‘old but gold’ can just as well refer to the video gaming.
But before we get into the real deal, there are a few important factors that you have to check before. The emulation of the PS2 is not very hard to be accomplished, so you don’t need to worry too much when it comes to that. You need a minimum power of a graphic card.
However, not all Windows version supports the emulating. If your PC runs on Windows 7 or above, you should be fine. The same goes for the Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 10, Linux, and Mac.
Best software to emulate your PS2 games
You will need to use the PCSX2 software in order for the emulation of the PS2 to work properly. You can download it online for free. Make sure you download the version according to your operating system. After you installed the PCSX2 software, follow the steps below:
- Open the program. You should now have access to its control panel.
- Next, you will have to present a PS2 BIOS. Use a Demo BIOS made available by the PCSX2 developer team.
- Get the Bios- wait 20 seconds and scroll down, fill in the captcha, and download.
- Place the Bios in the path / Documents / PCSX2 / BIOS.
- Unzip and copy the item from the European Bios folder.
- Paste it at the path / Documents / PCSX2 / BIOS.
- Return to the software.
- Refresh the list, and the correct Bios will appear!
- Click it, then click Finish.
Now all you need to do is look for your favorite PlayStation 2 (PS2) games online and download their ROM files!