Square Enix is the company responsible for the development of the Final Fantasy series, and it just released a new trailer for the 14th installment of the game. It’s called Shadowbringers Patch 5.1, and it will be available to customers by the end of the month, starting October 29.
Halloween-themed content and a new Nier called Automata alliance raid will be added along with the update. Feel free to feast your eyes upon the new and revealing trailer:
Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida revealed new details of content players would have the chance to enjoy in Patch 5.1, during the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE stream:
- New Game+ – Possibility of revisiting previously completed quests, cutscenes, dialog, and battles while keeping your current character and level.
- Crafting and Gathering Overhaul – UI improvements, Various adjustments to actions, the removal of additional actions, and more.
- New Gold Saucer GATE “The Slice is Right” – this new mini-game will test players’ reflexes and luck.
- New Trial: Hades (Extreme) – Players can relive the battle against this character in a high-difficulty battle challenge.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – Enter the Garden of Dreams, Lyhe Mheg—a new area with a new questline.
- Job Adjustments – The ninja, samurai, and summoner jobs will receive adjustments to their current abilities, while other jobs will receive various changes and tweaks.
- New Dungeon: “The Grand Cosmos” – Players can explore a great palace built by the Elves alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of other characters using the Trust system.
- New Main Scenario Quests – The next chapter in the acclaimed Shadowbringers main storyline.
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid: “The Copied Factory” – Featuring Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO as guest creators, players will battle against robots as they explore this new environment inspired by the world of NieR.
The good news doesn’t stop here. Patch 5.1 for Final Fantasy XIV will also include the introduction of the ‘Fellowship’ community system, system updates, and more.