Facebook Messenger has made it to the top five most-used messaging applications in the world. The app has initially been released for Facebook, as a means of communication on the social media platform, but is now available for use outside Facebook, and even people who do not have a Facebook account can use the messaging app separately. Facebook Messenger offers people the possibility to exchange text messages, video chat, and create and participate in group chats.
Facebook Messenger – Main Features
Some of the features worth mentioning the app offers, is the seamless way of exchanging messages, the possibility to share content in the conversations, and much more. Here are Facebook Messenger’s key features:
- A Messaging System: Allows you to exchange messages for free across devices, requiring you to be connected to the Internet
- Implemented Dark Mode: The Dark Mode attire is an impressive new design that enables you to change the background from white to black
- Thousands of Different Reactions: You can add a sticker, send a GIF and use emojis to express yourself better
- The Possibility to Share Photos and Videos: Capture an image with the Messenger Camera, play with it by adding it a filter or doodle, and send it to your friends or share it to your Stories
- Create Groups: Make plans to meet with your friends and use polls in the group, share your location, split the bill and so on
- Call or Video Chat: It makes it possible to receive or make a call or a group video chat from anywhere on the globe
- Use Voice Messages: Tap on the ‘Record’ button and send a voice message rather than a text message
- Share Your Location: You can easily share your location with friends, business partners, and others with just a few clicks
Facebook Messenger 246.0.0.9.353 Update
The messaging application receives regular updates meant to improve its overall performance and make it more immersive for users. The latest release, Facebook Messenger 246.0.0.9.353 update, focuses on more in-context means to allows users to connect with businesses on Messenger, such as the search feature and advertising surfaces.